Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The thing about New Years resolutions....

...is that most of the time you're just setting yourself up to fail. I like the idea of a new year bringing with it new energy, inspiration and commitment, new challenges, change and determination.
But more often than not, those resolutions don't stick, it's too easy to fall back into our old habits and ways because change is hard and sticking to those commitments requires so much self discipline. That being said, I still think that a new year can be a good time to one again attempt to reach those goals you set for yourself and renew your commitment to try, because let's face it: you loose nothing by trying. So with very low expectations and a huge dose of realism, here are some things I'd like to change/experience/accomplish in 2013:

* Finally complete P90X! All the way through! No excuses! (Today is day 2)

* Keep up with my studies

* Start learning to play the piano (I've always wanted to learn and got a book and a keyboard for Christmas) 

* Make more time and more of an effort to see my friends and spend time with people who give me positive energy

* Travel more - weekends, short trips, long trips, far and near.

* Run 10km in 55 min or less

* Follow through. Doesn't matter what it is or how small






No comments:

Post a Comment