Thursday, February 2, 2012

Lunch and Library

Had the day off today and needed to look for a swimsuit for Ais,considering it's winter, and totally off-season, I was really happy to find a swimsuit that she would like at Stadium. Since I was going to be in town, I booked a breakfast/lunch with one of my bestest friends, J. I was really hungry by the time she suggested a café, I suggested another one, and she let me have my way (such a dear!)
I think we have such wonderful, complex, varied, unpredictable conversations, and I appreciate not having to translate what I'm going to say beforehand, or "dumb it down". That might sound kind of conceited, but despite the fact that we have so very different personalities and live completely different lives, I feel like I get something out of the emotional and intellectual exchange, which I cannot say applies to a lot of other exchanges I experience. I feel somehow smarter than normal (keeping up with a soon-to-be holder of 2 Bachelors degrees and a Masters!) and like she sees me for who/what I could potentially be. She sees another side to me, one that I don't get to indulge often, but that is definitely a part of me.I don't have many really good friends, or get close to people easily and it's nice to have someone who wants to be friends as much as I do, and appreciates the same level of friendship that I do. Love you wifey!
Since I've been meaning to read books in Swedish, to keep it fresh and to improve my vocabulary, it's been frustrating not finding anything really gripping. I mentioned that to J, so we went to a bookshop and she suggested some books, so I have some options to think about. On my way home I went by the local library and found these (I had seen "Igelkottens elegans" earlier in the bookstore and thought it looked interesting, so was happy to find it at the library.)


 So I'll start with these and see how it goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment