Thursday, March 29, 2012

Real friends

Still not feeling very well although I'm very glad I pushed myself at the gym yesterday evening. Math test went well also ( I think!) Today I spent the day trying to rest, watching series, and catching up on mails and such.

J left for Paris yesterday and although I didn't see her everyday before, it was comforting to know that at worst, she was just a phone call away. I was thinking today about friends and how real friendships are so hard to come by.... I'm quite picky and reserved and although I can like someone and get along well with them, it seldom lasts for the long haul. For example when I was studying last term, I had a couple of people that I talked with almost everyday, and we were for the moment quite close. Now I don't speak to those people at all, and it makes me wonder if the friendships were only based on or because of what we had in common and not who we are as individuals. The friends I do have that I consider family, I can count on one hand. But I'll take quality over quantity anyday

No comments:

Post a Comment