Monday, March 12, 2012

Took a leap

Today I finally decided to talk to my top boss and ask if I can switch to another ward. I've been thinking about it for some time, talking to some people but mostly I just want to get out from under the thumb of my group leader. Usually I can shake most stuff off, work through stressful situations and get the job done. I could tolerate the  general incompetence, but  the underlying attitude than we are somehow beneath her and her inability to prioritize properly, not to mention continually making our job more difficult with constant interruptions about trivial things, has become more than I can or want to deal with.

So I've had enough. I want to be happy going to work, despite the fact that it's not my dream job, and despite the fact that I don't plan on being at it forever, I want most of my days to be good days, I want to have the support and cooperation from the higher ups that I need and I'm hoping that a change will provide that. It is taking a leap because I don't know yet where I'll end up and I really do love the girls I work with, I get along with them all and we're a good team. But when it comes down to it I have to think about me, life's too short to spend so much of my time feeling frustrated, stunted and unappreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment