Monday, May 14, 2012

Packed weekend schedule

Me on the right, with the glasses
No matter how much you think the weekend is going to be relaxing and calm, there's always something you have to do, and being a parent, the job doesn't end just because you get home. Ais had her first ballet recital on Friday evening (I'll post the video once I figure out how!). The kids were all really cute, they did a good job, and it was nice to see her performing and dancing-- kind of reminded me of myself and all the performing I did at her age. Afterwards we went out for celebratory pizza. The local pizzeria makes really good pizza, something I'm going to miss once we move!

Saturday I picked up T, my bonus kid at 12.30 and made it home in time to help Ais get ready for her 2nd performance at 14.00. M went to visit his brother in the afternoon, and the girls and I watched "Puss in Boots" and had a cozy evening.

Sunday: Drop off T at 14.00, then head over to M's nephew's 1st birthday party. I'm happy I get to tag along and be invited to family events and things like that, it's a sensation of belonging and being included that makes me feel warm and fuzzy. I never had a big extended family, but always wanted to and often tried to insert myself into one of my friends families. I always wanted siblings and relatives and having been, at times, completely alone, I realize also how much kids benefit from having a "village" so to speak. It was nice to see everyone, all the relatives and kiddies, and I even mustered up the guts to drive home in the evening :P After all, I do want to leave my comfort zone and not be held back by fear of the unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment