Monday, January 16, 2012

Been organizing my life all morning :) Just like every parent or anybody else juggling a lot of things at once, sometimes it feels like there are a million things to keep track of.  I checked this morning how much I'm allowed to earn per 6 months to still be eligible for money for studying, and consequently tried to work out how much I would be able to work. I checked out a whole bunch of different programs at university, all I can say is that I'm more confused now than ever! Even though I have a general direction, maybe it's me that underestimated how much work would actually go into studies and how (at times) boring and repetitive the literature is. But anyway, tomorrow I'm gonna meet with a studies-and career counselor and hopefully get a better idea of what options there are. Gave work a call as well and got the confirmation ( that I actually thought I already had) that I'd be allowed time off to study and be back to work during summer break -- so not looking forward to that. Feeling a little better about the fact that it's the start of a new term and trying to not to feel cheated by the programs' description and title! I mean, don't name it bloody Behavioral Science if in reality the major is Education!! I feel a bit sheepish actually that I didn't check that out myself earlier. Anyhoo, better late than never, I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment