Thursday, January 12, 2012

This song has been on repeat ever since I heard it and saw it. I love it!!!!

 Today was a 5 day. On a scale of 1 -10 today was maybe a 5. I have been really uninspired about this last assignment. It feels like we've discussed and analyzed and picked about the topic, no point in beating a dead horse, but that's sort of what it felt like. I spent 2 days just trying to find the inspiration, dredging through the books and procrastinating because I just didn't feel like I could bring myself to start the process all over again.
But it's done. I found I failed my last test and then I broke down and cried and that maybe released some tension. So the next day I found my flow and I got it done.

I have a great kid. Sometimes I forget how great. I really want her to get it right and sometimes I'm harder on her than I should be, but she's such a great kid. I was reminded of that today as I watched her run through the sleet to get to her violin class on time. And I'm a great mom. I sat through a whole term of lessons with her, when she lost interest and inspiration (probably thanks to me scolding her for taking out her borrowed violin at school so she could play for her classmates - she was so proud and the other kids wanted her autograph! So sweet! ) So I was like her cheering squad and also making sure she behaved. But she found it again, and she's playing so well. I feel like I'm living my childhood dreams through her, but I'm hoping she'll also appreciate it when she's older.


No comments:

Post a Comment