Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Life's all about finding the balance

Yesterday was my first real day back at work, and just as I suspected I really had the urge to jump in with both feet and "make up for lost time" so to speak. It's hard not to get involved when I see there are things that need to be done, or things that need changing. But I was also mentally prepared for this and had beforehand thought about pacing myself and not taking on too much responsibility right away. Being back at work means changes to my schedule, it means some early mornings and some late evenings, it means having to adjust when we go to bed and how and when we spend time together. I need to not let the job get to me, or get so wrapped up in work and tired, that I don't have energy for the people most important to me. I need to take of my body and my back and not let them get damaged either. So that's what I'm going to focus on - finding a balance between home, work and me.


 I've also made a plan for going to the gym for the next few weeks and today Ais went to school herself to give me a better chance of being able to rest. I realize it's going to be a constant endeavor always trying to find the best possible solution for everyone, by making small compromises allround. But I also feel like we'll all be happier and appreciate the little things more.

 On another happy note: the workmen were here and fixed the bathroom lights today! (we've been without light in the bathroom all weekend) Something had short-circuited and needed to be replaced, so now I can wash laundry and put on make-up and appreciate the little things

2 comments:

  1. Inte visste jag att du bloggade? Kul att läsa. Dessutom nyttigt för mig att öva min engelska. Nästa gång är de er tur att komma till oss. Nästa helg kanske? Kram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nämen va roligt att du hittade hit! Började blogga igen med det nya året, tycker det är skönt att få skriva av mig ibland. Nästa helg borde funka, vi kan höras under nästa vecka. Kram på dig

    ReplyDelete