Thursday, June 28, 2012

Misunderstandings..

.. and stuff that shouldn't happen. Last night I asked Ais if she wanted me to pick her up at 15.00 or come home by herself at 16.00. She wanted me to pick her up at 16.00 :D. As we were leaving this morning I called to her that I would pick her up later and she made a sound that sounded like she'd heard me.

I came to pick her up around 16.30 and the personnel told me she'd gone home by herself. At 16.00. My mommy heart sank and I really started to worry and pictured her crying and upset, not knowing when I'd be back and how long she'd have to wait. Somewhere deep down though I was calmed by the fact that I have raised her well, she's a smart girl and I was somehow able to imagine that she would figure out how to deal. I walked home as fast as I could, slightly panicked and found her sitting right outside the door, no tears, but quite upset. My poor baby. I hugged her and sat next to her on the floor. She told me she was very hungry, she'd gotten the advertisments and flyers out of the mailbox and looking at the pictures of food had made her hungry :-(  Once we got inside everything was back to normal and lucky us : we had strawberries and ice cream for dessert.


1 comment:

  1. I can imagine the feeling, just like when I was supposed to pick her up, and I was late and didn't have my phone.
    Thank God you have trained her well and she is a smart kid.

    ReplyDelete